Welcome and Overview
Introduction to the Workshop
This workshop is a critical milestone in the 1000 Landscapes co-design process launched at the beginning of this year. The design process is being driven by three Design Teams focused on: (1) a Digital Landscape Action Platform, the technology backbone of 1000 Landscapes; (2) Innovative Finance, to support and scale landscape partnerships and integrated landscape investment portfolios; and (3) Organization and Governance of 1000 Landscapes. Many of you already have participated in some of these Design Team consultations.
As the workshop title suggests, we are committed to a robust collaborative design process involving the initiative’s core partners, technical design partners, landscape leaders and the wider community of landscape supporters. The aim of the workshop is to take a step back and critically reflect on the design process to date and future plans, with the following three objectives:
- Build a collective understanding of 1000 Landscapes’ vision, mission and strategic approach;
- Review and assess draft Design Team findings, initial designs and proposed next steps in the design process;
- Help map the way forward for the Design Teams and the initiative as a whole — direction/focus and what interim products can be generated to share publicly.
Overview of the website
- In these webpages, you will be able to find all materials needed for the co-design workshop.
- Under ´Virtual Workshop Whiteboard´ (password protected) you can leave comments and questions, using the appropriate sections. Organizers will review the board regularly.
- Under ´Meeting Technology´ you will find tips and tricks on the use of Zoom.
- Under ´Agenda´(password protected), you will find the detailed agenda for the three weeks, including all the sessions and time-slots
- Under ´Participants´, you will be able to find a list of participants with links to their bio´s
- Under ´June 1-5: Pre-Workshop Videos and Documents for Review´ you will find the material, per Design Team. Please read this in the week of June 1-5 and leave comments on the virtual whiteboard and the YouTube videos
- Under ´June 2, opening plenary session´, you will find the documents and video of the Opening Plenary Session´.
- Under ´June 3-5, Get to Know You Sessions´ you will find guidance on these sessions, as well as the agenda and names of your group-members.
- Under ´June 8-11, Morning Greetings and Announcements´ each morning at 8.30am CEST we will publish our morning greeting video and announcements of the day.
- Under ´June 8, 1000 Landscapes Digital Platforms and Tools, June 9 Finance Innovations and June 10 Organization and Governance you can find the information regarding these sessions.
- Under ´June 11, Closing Plenary´ you can find the agenda and information regarding the Closing Plenary
What to do if you cannot find something or have another question regarding the workshop flow?
In case of technical questions regarding the sessions or the website, please reach out to Manon Koningstein at email@example.com)
For any other question, please reach out to Minu Hemmati (the workshop facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org) or Peter Hazlewood (Lead 1000 Landscapes at email@example.com)
Virtual workshop whiteboard
This google doc shall serve as a ‘virtual whiteboard’ throughout the workshop. Please feel free to leave comments and questions here, using the appropriate sections. Make sure you don’t forget to add your name to your comments.
Organizers will review the board regularly.